Saturday, August 22, 2009

Youth in Revolt

I think the world is pretty tired of Michael Cera's delicately disaffected comic style, and that includes myself (normally a defender of things that I feel are unnecessarily hated, which on the internet is everything). Yet, this trailer for the upcoming film Youth in Revolt serves as a perfect antidote to Cera's usual work. For about 50 seconds, it might as well be one in a million Juno clones, but immediately afterward it begins to escalate in ridiculous, awesome and hilarious ways.

The movie also features an all-star cast, including Ray Liotta, Steve Buscemi, Justin Long, Fred Willard, Jean Smart, the dependably slimy M. Emmet Walsh, my new favorite movie star Zach Galifianakis and the debut of Portia Doubleday, who looks lovely as Sheeni Saunders. I haven't read it, but it's based on a book by C.D. Payne, and the film was directed by The Good Girl's Miguel Arteta.



Youth in Revolt opens October 30th, 2009.

As a side note, the short version of the movie's summary on IMDb is terrible at summing up what the movie is like. I can't believe someone wrote that summary for the movie advertised in the above trailer. ComingSoon used a similar summary, which means this disinformation is spreading. It makes me tired inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment