Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Remake Watch 2009: Part 1

Flight of the Navigator and Buffy the Vampire Slayer are on the docket. I watched Flight as a kid, and I've been meaning to pop in the DVD I bought back in at least 2006, but I haven't. On the other hand, I've seen none of Buffy, be it the Kristy Swanson movie or the popular TV show (remake is based on the movie).

So far this year, they've announced remakes of Total Recall, The Neverending Story and Videodrome, off the top of my head. Certainly, there were more, so I'll edit this post as I remember.

Remake Watch 2009:
5 film remakes announced
4 film remakes released
2 tv remakes released
2 reboots released

A "reboot" is defined by Remake Watch as a new attempt at a film series with new actors playing old characters (thus, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Race to Witch Mountain are excluded). Sequels to remakes (The Pink Panther 2, Halloween 2) are ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment