Friday, June 12, 2009

Remake Watch 2009: The Incredible Mr. Limpet

ComingSoon.net informs us that The Incredible Mr. Limpet is being churned out again, this time by Enchanted director Kevin Lima. I haven't seen the original, so I don't have much comment, but based on the DVD cover, I'm guessing it's a live-action animation blend, which is something I find myself inescapably drawn to (no pun intended). Ultimately, my desire to see more of those types of hybrids counters my dislike of remakes. Score one for Limpet!

Also, Conan and The Warriors may have had some news or errant movement this week, but both have been on the cards forever and the latter may not actually be moving forward, ever. I am surprised to see ComingSoon boldly insisting that Conan will be a remake, though, because the character seems fairly open-ended.

Remake Watch 2009:
7 film remakes announced
4 film remakes released
2 tv remakes released
2 reboots announced
2 reboots released

A "reboot" is defined by Remake Watch as a new attempt at a film series with new actors playing old characters (thus, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Race to Witch Mountain are excluded). Sequels to remakes (The Pink Panther 2, Halloween 2) are ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment